An Expose On Our Resident Feminist Bunny, Florence Rose
By Katiee McKinstry
Happy 1st Birthday Florence Rose!
So, for those of you who don’t know, I have a now 1-year-old funky feminist bunny named Florence Rose. I thought I would write a little something dedicated to her on this day and try not to get *too* emotional.
Florence is everything I am. I love her more than probably anyone in my life, honestly. We are two peas in a pod, and I can’t imagine my life without my little bun. If I were an animal, I’d be a rabbit. I hate hugs, have loads of anxiety, and hey - I’m vegan!
Some fun facts about Florence:
- She would do ANYTHING for a banana.
- She loves pets and kisses, but don’t dare try to lift her!
- She’s a lion head bun, and her life expectancy is 8-12 years.
- She was the mascot of the feminist club at my university (@dahfem).
- She loves to terrorize me by chewing the carpet and pooping on my bed, but how can I get mad at that little face?
- She loves her teepee and her favorite scrunchie.
I got Florence in September 2017, and I named her Florence after Florence + the Machine. I’ve been staring at her since September, and it still hasn’t gotten old. Florence didn’t technically choose me, but I feel like she did because we were really meant to be.
Florence is a Leo, which is pretty cool to me because my rising sign is also a Leo. That means she needs loads of attention and is super silly and sassy. She can be emotional but also fierce and independent. However, the majority of the time Florence is napping on the floor somewhere or eating her hay. Honestly, a mood.
So this article is for you, little bunny. Happiest of birthdays, pretty girl. I love you more than I could ever articulate, and I’m so blessed every day to have your snuggles in my life. You are the sassiest being I have ever met but also the sweetest. I hope we share loads of happiness and good vibes today.
Follow Florence on Instagram at @florencerosethebunny